1 tablespoon ground cumin
2 teaspoons coriander
1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
1 teaspoon fennel seeds
1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
2 pounds lamb stew meat
4 tablespoons olive oil, divided
1 large onion, finely chopped
1 tablespoon tomato paste
1/2 cup dry white wine
2 cups less sodium chicken broth
1 cup dried apricots
2 Roma tomatoes, chopped
1 tablespoon fresh ginger, minced
2 teaspoons lemon peel
1 (15.5-oz) can chickpeas, drained
2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
1. In a medium bowl, combine cumin, coriander, salt, fennel, cayenne pepper, and cinnamon. Toss lamb stew meat in the seasoning with your hands until meat is evenly coated. Wash hands.
2. In a large sauté pan, heat 2 tablespoons olive oil over medium-high heat. Brown the lamb stew meat on all sides, turning occasionally. Work in batches if necessary. Transfer the lamb to Tatung Rice Cooker’s inner pot.
3. In the same pan, add 2 tablespoons olive oil. Sauté onion and tomato paste together over medium heat until soft, about 5 minutes. Add white wine, bring to a boil and simmer for 5 minutes, scraping off the brown bits. Transfer the onion mixture to the inner pot.
4. Add chicken broth, apricots, tomatoes, ginger, and lemon peel in the inner pot. Give it a gentle stir. Add 1 cup (Tatung measuring cup) water into the outer pot and place the inner pot into the cooker. Cover and switch on the cooker.
5. After 20 minutes, stir in chickpeas. When ready to serve, garnish with cilantro and serve over rice or couscous.