1 pound skinless and boneless chicken breasts, cubed
1 tablespoon creole seasoning, divided
¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
1 green bell pepper, diced
1 large yellow onion, diced
3 celery stalks, diced
1 pound Kielbasa sausage, sliced
1 (28-ounce) can diced tomatoes
1 cup long grain rice
2 cups chicken broth
1 tablespoon minced garlic
1 teaspoon dried basil
1 teaspoon dried oregano
1 teaspoon dried sage
1 teaspoon paprika
1 pound shrimp, peeled and deveined
2 stems green onion, chopped for garnishing
1. Clean and cut chicken into cubes. Place the prepared chicken in the inner pot. Season with 1 teaspoon creole seasoning, ground black pepper and Worcestershire sauce. Mix well.
2. Place the steam tray at the bottom of the cooker (also known as the outer pot), add 1 cup (Tatung measuring cup) of water in the outer pot, then set the inner pot on top of the steam tray. Cover and switch on to steam the chicken, about 20 minutes.
3. While the chicken is steaming, prepare the rest of the ingredients.
4. Once the cooker switches off, remove inner pot from the cooker and use tongs to carefully remove the steam tray. Set the inner pot back into the cooker. Add the rest of the ingredients except shrimp and green onion into the inner pot. Stir well and add 2 cups (Tatung measuring cup) water into the outer pot. Cover and switch on the cooker.
5. After 30 minutes, stir in shrimp and continue cooking until the cooker is automatically switched off, about another 15 minutes. Let the jambalaya sit in the cooker, covered for 10 minutes before serving. Dish and garnish with chopped green onions. Enjoy!
In addition to the standard American measuring cup, Tatung Rice Cooker measuring cup is also used in this recipe. If not noted, it refers to the standard American measuring cup.