16 ounces (454g) elbow macaroni
4 cups (1L) cold running water
4 tablespoons (60g) unsalted butter
14 ounces (397g) sharp cheddar, freshly grated
6 ounces (170g) mild cheddar or American cheese, freshly grated
Kosher salt and ground black pepper
----- Wet Ingredients -----
2 large eggs, beaten
12 ounces (355ml) can evaporated milk
1 teaspoon Sriracha sauce or Frank’s hot sauce
1 teaspoon ground mustard
1. Pressure Cook the Elbow Macaroni: Add 1 lb elbow macaroni, 4 cups water, and a pinch of kosher salt in pressure cooker. Close the lid and pressure cook at High Pressure for 4 minutes. Then, quick release. There is a slight chance that a tiny amount of foam will come out with the steam. Have a towel handy. Open lid.
2. Mix Wet Ingredients: While the macaroni is pressure cooking, in a medium mixing bowl, beat 2 large eggs and mix in 1 tsp ground mustard, 1 tsp Sriracha, and 355ml evaporated milk. Mix well.
3. Make the Mac & Cheese: Keep heat on low or medium low (Tatung Pressure Cooker or Instant Pot: use keep warm function). Place 4 tbsp unsalted butter in the pressure cooked macaroni. Mix well with a silicone spatula and let the butter melt.
Pour in the wet ingredients and mix well. Add grated cheese (1/3 portion at a time) and stir constantly until the cheese fully melt.
If the mac and cheese is too runny, turn the heat to medium (Tatung Pressure Cooker: Click cancel and click on meat. Instant Pot: Use Sauté Less function - Click cancel, Sauté and Adjust button twice) to reduce it down.
4. Taste & Season: Taste and season with kosher salt and ground black pepper (likely need a couple pinches of kosher salt to brighten the dish).
5. Serve: Mac and Cheese needs to be served piping hot, so serve immediately!