1 rice measuring cup (180 ml) or 150 grams Jasmine rice
6 ½ standard measuring cups (1625 ml) cold running tap water
1 pound pork shank
1 pound pork bones
2 thin slices ginger (8 grams)
3 century eggs, cut into 8 – 10 pieces per egg
Salt to taste
----- Pork seasoning -----
½ teaspoon salt
¼ teaspoon sesame oil
A dash of ground white pepper
1. Bring 3.5L of water to a boil. Then, boil the pork shank and pork bones for 3 minutes to clean and remove the excess fat. Remove and rinse in cold tap water.
2. Place 150g of Jasmine rice, 1lb pork shank, 1lb pork bones, 2 thin slices of ginger, and 6 ½ cups (1625ml) of cold running tap water into the pressure cooker. Close lid and cook at High Pressure for 35 minutes. Turn off the heat and Natural Release for 20 minutes. Manually release the remaining pressure by carefully turning the venting knob to the venting position. Open the lid carefully.
3. Remove pork shank and pork bones from the pressure cooker. Shred and season the pork shank (and meat from pork bones) with ½ tsp of salt, ¼ tsp sesame oil, and a dash of ground white pepper. Please taste the seasoning and adjust accordingly.
4. Turn heat to medium (Instant Pot: Press sauté button, Tatung Pressure Cooker: Press Meat/Chicken Button). Add the century eggs and shredded pork shank meat into the pressure cooker. Taste & season with salt and stir until desired consistency.
5. Garnish with green onions and serve!